Dear Providers, the information below contains current and up to date information from our strategic partners for you and your staff:
New and updated guidance and support, including information on funding:
Emergency Staffing Arrangements:
The NHS and Local Authority are committed to providing you with staffing support now and in the future should there be a negative staffing impact from a second wave of COVID-19, the track and trace programme and/or winter pressures. The attached letter contains further information and a survey that you are required to complete and return by 17th July 2020, to enable this initiative to be put in place effectively.
REGISTER NOW for the Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Systemwide Webinar
SUBJECT: Covid-19 Pandemic Webinar for local Care Home Providers
DATE: Friday 24th July
TIME: 3.30pm- 5.00pm
More information is contained in the flyer attached. To book your place email: email@example.com
IMPORTANT - Further guidance on the required wearing of PPE from the Infection Prevention and Control Nurse for NHS Nottingham and Nottinghamshire CCG
The following PPE should be worn when providing close personal care in direct contact with the resident(s) (eg: touching) OR within 2 metres of any resident who is coughing:
• Gloves (single use)
• Apron (single use)
• Fluid Repellent Surgical Mask (sessional use)
• Eye Protection (risk assess)
Within 2 metres of a resident but not delivering personal care or needing to touch them, and there is no one within 2 metres who has a cough:
• Fluid Repellent Surgical Mask (sessional use)
PLEASE ALSO NOTE:
- Facial masks should be replaced when they become moist, soiled, damaged or the fit has changed
- Facial masks must not be allowed to ‘dangle’ around the neck or be pulled down from the face and then back up again
- Staff must refrain from touching the mask or the face whilst the mask is in place
- Fabric face masks must not be used as there is little evidence to support their effectiveness in preventing transmission when delivering health and care activities to residents
- Failure to adhere to national PPE guidance is considered a breach by test and trace guidance, this could result in a number of staff having to self-isolate impacting on staffing levels and the ability to maintain safe care to residents
Training events, webinars and support lines:
News and new features from the Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set (ASC-WDS) team.
Since 1 March 2020 the service has had over 3 million page views, you’ve created over 25,000 new staff records, you’ve added over 250,000 new staff training records and 600 new workplaces have sent a request to register with the service. ASC-WDS is one of the sources of intelligence that the Government, DHSC, local authorities and Skills for Care have relied upon
In the last few weeks our Chief Executive, Oonagh Smyth drew heavily on ASC-WDS data as she provided information to the Health Select Committee. We’ve also provided data to the Migration Advisory Council on which care roles would be affected by different immigration rules and by what extent.
New features within the service include:
- being able to define what training is mandatory in your workplace and being able to view training data by training category e.g. you can get an instant overview of your Moving and Handling training or Fire Safety so that you can organise training where needed. We’ve also made the “basic staff record” feature part of the full staff record journey.
- Coming soon (early August) will be the introduction of Benchmarks. You’ll be able to compare yourself with a benchmark group of providers in your local area on key metrics such as pay. This feature will let you see where you sit in the local care market while also providing evidence for you to use with CQC and local commissioners.
We can assure you that your data is being used to help the Government, local authorities and other sector bodies make informed decisions. You can view some of the data outputs https://www.skillsforcare.org.uk/adult-social-care-workforce-data/Workforce-intelligence/publications/Data-and-publications.aspx.
We also need your help to develop the service further. We do this by testing ideas with users. If you think you could spare 45 minutes please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll contact you to arrange a time.
ASC-WDS Support Team - Skills for Care
Links and resources for your ongoing information:
Nottingham & Nottinghamshire Covid-19 Response Care Homes and Home Care (ECRT) Toolkit - https://mk0healthandcary1acq.kinstacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Nottingham-and-Nottinghamshire-COVID-19-Response-CHHC-Toolkit-0110620-.pdf
Care Workforce App and Communications toolkit - Link: workforce.adultsocialcare.uk.
Government website with all the up to date information on Coronavirus for Adult Social Care settings: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-social-care-guidance
Visit the Notts County Council website for further updates: www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/coronavirus
Visit the Nottm City Council website, ASKLiON, for covid information for care providers – www.asklion.co.uk/providercornercovid-19
Visit Notts Help Yourself for a register of COVID-19 resources to support you at this time: https://www.nottshelpyourself.org.uk/kb5/nottinghamshire/directory/document.page?id=Igc3gkzdlkc
Visit Nottingham City Council for the latest coronavirus information and service updates - www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/coronavirus/
Visit Notts Help Yourself for up to date information on PPE guidance: https://www.nottshelpyourself.org.uk/kb5/nottinghamshire/directory/site.page?id=m6iCJfa2C4w&newdirectorychannel=0
Visit ASKLiON for up to date information on PPE for city care providers: – www.asklion.co.uk/ppe
Sign up to our and our Health and Wellbeing bulletin: www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/emailme
Mobile App linking care providers and resources they have found useful during the COVID pandemic: https://webapp.mobileappco.org/m/COVID19CARE/?appcode=COVID19CARE
Social media channels for latest information on coronavirus and services - Nottinghamshire County Council on Facebook or on twitter @NottsCC
Social media channels for the latest information on coronavirus and services - Nottingham City Council ‘My Nottingham’ on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mynottingham and Twitter https://twitter.com/mynottingham
For further queries – Nottinghamshire providers - Please use the Quality & Market Management Team email address email@example.com if you have questions for the team and if you are not sure who else to ask.
For further queries – Nottingham City providers – Please use the Single point of access for any covid related queries, email – CV19@nottinghamcity.gov.uk
We would also like to take this opportunity to send you our very grateful thanks to you and your staff teams who are supporting people across the County in these very challenging times, it is very much appreciated.
Group Manager Quality Assurance and Citizen Safety
Mobile - 07740845726
Desk Phone - 01159773268