Provides services and information to the public in Mansfield in areas including social care, leisure, community, environment, health, traffic, local economy and learning.
Contact Mansfield District Council 24 hours a day via their Customer Portal
Contact your Councillor: https://www.mansfield.gov.uk/councillors
Warm and Healthy Homes grants
Financial assistance to help keep your home warm and healthy.
The Warm Homes on Prescription project aims to help low income residents with cold-sensitive, long-term health conditions to achieve affordable warmth.
We can help home owners who meet the following:
- have long-term health conditions made worse by the cold
- are in fuel poverty (defined as having a gross household income of no more than £21,000 per annum,excluding housing costs, disability benefits and attendance allowance)
- have savings of less than £16,000.
How we can help:
- boiler repairs/replacement (please note this is not an emergency service)
- new heating controls, such as thermostatic controls on radiators.
Advice on the importance of keeping warm:
- cold worsens existing health conditions
- increase risk to those with respiratory, circulatory and mobility conditions
- keep warm and safe.
How to apply
To apply for a Warm Homes on Prescription grant contact us or email email@example.com.
The Warm Homes Hub
Mansfield District Council are supporting the Warm Homes Hub which is a partnership project working alongside Nottinghamshire County Council, Nottingham Energy Partnership, Age UK Notts and E.ON Energy Solutions. The projects aim is to supply 550 fuel poor homes across Nottinghamshire with first time gas central heating and some 200 boiler placements.
Residents that are living in properties that are currently being heated through inefficient and old electric heating may be eligible for first time gas installation and central heating. The project will also provide assistance with benefit checks and applications, help with home insulation, applying for discounts off energy bills (electricity and water), help to make your home safe and secure and support with energy tariff/provider switching.
For more information visit the Warm Homes Hub website (opens in new window).