Provides services and information to the public in Mansfield in areas including social care, leisure, community, environment, health, traffic, local economy and learning.
Contact Mansfield District Council 24 hours a day via their Customer Portal
Contact your Councillor: https://www.mansfield.gov.uk/councillors
Request a bulky item collection
Bulky collections are taking place again, after a short break in service due to COVID-19.
There will be a limited number of collection slots available each day which must be booked and paid for in advance.
At time of booking you will be asked a series of questions by our contact centre team to assess risk of collection.
We are unable to collect builders’ rubble or hazardous waste including paint, tyres or asbestos. Items must be left out for 72 hours before they are collected and soft furnishings will be sprayed before they are handled.
Keep up to date with all our service interruptions on our COVID-19 service updates page.
You can donate furniture to charities including the Furniture Project and the Salvation Army. You can also take items to your local Household and Recycling Centres operated by Nottinghamshire County Council. Please note that some restrictions apply if using a van or trailer.
For a small non-refundable charge (see charges below), we will collect bulky household items from your property including:
- domestic appliances including fridge/freezers
- bagged household rubbish (three regular sized black bags are equal to one bulky item)
- large items that cannot fit into your bin, for example, sofas.
Items will be collected within 10 working days of payment being made and we will only take away items that have been booked in for collection.
Items need to be placed outside your property in an easily accessible place for 6.30am the day after your booking is made. Where possible we ask that the items are placed at the front of your property within your boundary. We’ll collect your items within 10 working days.
How much does it cost?
- 1 item for £10.60
- 2/3 items for £21.50
- Each additional item on top of this up to a maximum of 10 items will be £10.60 each.
- Certain waste electrical items including fridges, freezers, televisions, microwaves and computer monitors need to be disposed of under WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) regulations and are charged separately at £17.00 each. We cannot collect hazardous waste including, paint, rubble, tyres, asbestos or gas bottles, or American-style fridge freezers.
How to request a collection
If you would like to arrange a bulky collection please contact us on 01623 463463.
Please note that we cannot collect the following items:
- glass windows/panels
- any object bigger than six foot
- engine parts
- building waste such as rubble
- garden waste (a separate garden waste service is available for £30 per year).