Financial and legal advice

Information can be found on financial support for Nottinghamshire residents and community groups who are most in need. There are also listings about independent financial advice. Other options you may want to find out more about include:

  • A lasting power of attorney (LPA) is a legal document that lets you appoint one or more people to help you make decisions or make decisions on your behalf.
  • A personal budget and self-directed support can help you meet your care and support needs. An amount of money is offered if your care and support assessment says you are eligible for support.
  • Welfare benefits are provided by government departments to support residents who are unable to work.
  • A VAT exemption is designed for people with disabilities so that they do not have to pay VAT on equipment that has been designed or adapted for them.

Citizen’s Advice also provide free impartial and confidential information and advice on a number of issues including benefits, work, debt and money, consumer rights, housing, laws and rights, discrimination, tax, healthcare and education.

Related features

Skip back to top of page